LabelCalc’s Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is LabelCalc’s software and labels FDA-compliant?
Yes, the software, services and labels provided through labelcalc are FDA compliant. We only use methods that are approved for use within the food manufacturing industry.
The information used to analyze your products for label production is directly sourced from the USDA food database. This ensures that you are receiving the most accurate analysis possible resulting in labels that are in compliance with FDA standards, every time.
2. Should I use a lab to get my food samples tested?
3. Can I add my own ingredients to the LabelCalc database?
4. Will my top-secret recipes be secure?
5. Does LabelCalc provide package/labeling review services?
Yes! Outlined on our Consulting Services page, seen here, we do offer a variety of package review services. Typically these package review services cost between $120-$180 per product depending on the complexity of packaging. Please contact us to learn more.
6. What does LabelCalc cost?
There are 3 three pricing plan options for the LabelCalc software:
- Pay As You Go- $99/per final product or recipe
This plan is designed for small businesses and/or the new food manufacturer who has 10 products or less.
- Expert Consulting Plan- $300 per product add-on to any plan
Designed for companies, manufacturers and/or brands needing expert consulting and support. You can collaborate with your own personal Registered Dietitian to complete the analysis and FDA labels.
- Unlimited Plan- $399-$3999
This cost-effective plan is great for the manufacturer who has more than 10 recipes, changes their products seasonally and/or plans to create new products in the future. With this plan, there are no limits on how many recipes can be entered, stored and analyzed. It’s everything the pay as you go plan offers, with no limits, at a fraction of the cost in the long run.
7. Do I have to pay for each recipe?
Each product/recipe is paid for individually. However, there is one exception:
If you have multiple recipe/products that are very similar in nature (needing only 1-2 ingredient changes) you do have the option of purchasing modification credits for only $60 instead of the full $225 for an entirely new item. (This cost saving feature is great for products like salsa’s with different peppers, chocolates with different coatings and meats with different seasonings.)
8. I have several products, which is the best plan for me?
If your product line exceeds more than 10 items, our Unlimited Products plan will be the most cost-effective.
9. Does LabelCalc provide accurate nutrition information for my recipe analysis?
10. How does LabelCalc work? Do you have any demos?
LabelCalc is so easy to use, that our first time food manufacturer clients tells us they have completed their first recipe in 20 minutes!
See how easy LabelCalc is here, by clicking this link to our demo center.
11. How do I get started?
It’s simple, first you need to choose a plan that suits your labeling needs the best. Not sure what to choose? Chat with AVA on our homepage, and she will personally guide you to the right plan that will be a perfect fit for your business. (Chat box is located in the lower right corner of our home screen)
12. What information do I need to get started once I’ve chosen my plan?
- Your product’s ingredients and measurements
- Your product’s Serving Size and Serving per Container
- The size/shape of your container
13. What is the consulting service turnaround time?
14. Do I need to Download LabelCalc’s Software?
15. Is LabelCalc secure? Will other users have access to my recipes?
Each account is username, password and security question protected. We’re so secure, The Pentagon uses us!